Followers

Sunday, September 22, 2013

EDLD 5326: Update on Action Research Plan

Action Research Project Title: An Action Research Report on Reading and Writing for the Real World

Number of AR Project Documented Hours: 130 documented hours to date

AR Project Summary (at least 250 words): . For my action research project, I have begun and implemented it successfully to this point. I have done the research needed to begin identifying all genres studied for our reading and writing program. I have designed and created the independent reading game boards and all differentiated writing activities that correlate with it. I have written the instructions necessary for my students to follow the program and I have shared it with my PLC members within my department and my students’ parents at the “Back-to-School” and “Open House” Programs. I have established a calendar for the year for utilizing the library and student-student conferences, as well as, student-teacher conferences to  maintain success of the plan. To date, I am in the monitoring and evaluating processes of the plan to make needed adjustments or to help sustain areas that are working smoothly. I am also gathering the data necessary to complete my findings.


I have written all of the following areas for my final report—Abstract, Introduction/Background, Literature Review,  and Action Research Design. I am currently working on the Findings section, since it was just recently implemented. As noted, I am gathering the data that I need to complete this section. I have enjoyed seeing this plan develop. After my findings, I will work on my Conclusion and Recommendations section, as well as, make any needed adjustments to my  Abstract and to complete my References section. Overall, I have been able to maintain working on this plan by being very consistent with my time management skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment